What's all this then?


My name is Victoria Stiles and I'm an Early Career Historian currently doing whatever odd research / consulting / outreach / tutoring jobs come my way. I blog here about some of the interesting texts I've found.
My research focusses on books about Britain and the British Empire which were in circulation in Nazi Germany but you'll also find a smattering of school textbooks, witchcraft beliefs, bog drainage, bemused travellers and weird illustrations that caught my eye.
Translations from German are my own. Comments are currently unmoderated and are mostly spam for leather jackets anyway.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Modern Electricity, 1901

I feel there's something wonderful and steampunky to be done with these illustrations, but can't yet think what. They're all taken from "Die Moderne Elektrizität", by engineer O. Multhaupt (Berlin, 1901).








No comments:

Post a Comment